Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentine's Day Treats: DIY Gift Bags

With Valentine's Day right around the corner we are still doing preparations for the boys' parties at school. I'm having so much fun finding ideas and doing the prep!  We have yet to make the Valentines for their classmates, that's on the agenda tomorrow if everyone is healthy.  My middle monkey is sick with a bad case of the barfs since the middle of the night and so we've pretty much been sticking to the couch today.  I made him a "Sickie Station" on the little couch and he hasn't moved much since.  I'm pushing the water and chicken broth to him while he's awake... and waiting.  Oh, and I also have a very sparkly bathroom that I cleaned top to bottom in an attempt to prevent everyone else from contracting this yucky bug.

Meanwhile, lately I have officially gotten into my Washi Tape stash, and I now want to use it for EVERYTHING in my whole life! (Oh if only it could cure this little boy!) It is so cute & happy! So today while my sick middle boy napped, I made these sweet little gift bags to use for the DIY Teacher Gifts that we made last week.

The supply list is short, they take almost no time to make and they are really cute!  And, BONUS, they match the gifts!








DIY Valentine's Day Gift Bags

Card Stock (red)
Washi Tape
Scrapbook Paper (I used a heart patterned sheet)
Plain Craft Gift Bags (I got these at the dollar store 3/$1!)






I used my Cricut to cut out the heart design embellishment with the StoryBook Cartridge.

Simply adhere the embellishment to the bag. I used the washi to make a flashy printed design on the bag.  I cut out the little heart 'stamps' from the scrapbook paper and adhered them.  That's it! A little tissue paper to pack and these will be the sweetest little gifts!









Thanks for stopping by!  I'm hoping to share the treats that we make for the boys' classmates if we get a chance tomorrow.  Here's hoping the yucky sickness is cleared out!  Wish me luck!




Sharing here:
Ladies Only Blog Share ThePinJunkie Play. Party. Pin. AGlimpseInside MyTurnForUs TheJennyRevolution Eat. Create. Party. Tickled Pink at 504 Main

No comments:

Post a Comment