Monday 17 February 2014

Rise & Shine: Healthy Breakfast Omlette

Mornings are always a crunch around here trying to get everyone organized and ready for the days.  Today we were off for Family Day and it was nice to have the extra day with no plans, no school, no work & no hockey!  I took the opportunity to put together a delicious breakfast.  I LOVE really good breakfast.  Who am I kidding?... I love food in general.  But there is something about a big, healthy breakfast that makes me extraordinarily happy.  

This morning I played a little game of "What's in the Fridge", and here's what I came up with!  It was SOOOOO tasty & filling.  The boys chose to go for boiled eggs & bacon.  I enjoyed this fabulous omlette to myself.  I can't say I'm sad that they didn't want to share!  






Healthy Breakfast Omlette

2 tbsp olive oil
2 eggs
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp parmesan cheese
1 tsp Epicure's Red Garlic Sansel
4-5 grape tomatoes, sliced
1/4 c shredded jalapeno havarti, save half
6 stalks steamed asparagus


Preheat oil in frying pan over medium heat.




Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.  





Pour into heated pan.  




Cook covered over medium heat until egg is no longer runny.


Place steamed asparagus on one side of the omlette.  Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese on the same side.


Fold over the omlette and top with remaining cheese.  Serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment