Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year!

Today I thought I would take the opportunity to reflect on 2013.  A lot of wonderful things happened last year!  Here's a quick look at a photo recap:




New Year's Eve fun last year.





Rowan & I got into cloth diapering.  Check out a bit about the obsession here.



Took a weekend trip to the country's capital, Ottawa to spend our Family Day Weekend.  Thank goodness we got these photos before the gastro set in.  That was one wild weekend...


The kids continued to become more independent.  Ethan is quite handy at climbing the cupboards to help himself...  Carson worked on his skating/hockey skills.





Celebrated St. Patrick's Day with the older boys as an NHL game, Ottawa vs. Winnipeg.  (Obviously we were cheering on Winnipeg as neither the Leafs or the Habs were playing...)



The boys and I spent March Break with Grandma enjoying the activities at the community centre with friends,



Hubby & I were able to enjoy the Team Canada Women's Hockey Game in Pembroke, Ontario on Easter weekend.  To read more about this awesome experience, head here.



And then we got to go to the Semi-Final game in Ottawa!  Check out the detailed post here.




Summer finally arrived!


I just love the flowers in the front of the house!  I planted these guys as bulbs a couple of years ago.



Enjoyed activities at the school.


We had a fun Canada Day Party with friends & family.  Check out the party here.



We did a few short camping trips.


This was Grandma's 85th Birthday!  She spent it getting stronger in the hospital after a rough few months.  We are so blessed to have Great Grandma One (the boys fondly call her this).




Saw Backstreet Boys in Montreal with my BSB partner in crime.  Check out some of the awesome concert photos here.

And I added a post about the after party here.


Rowan was working on the art of Chipmunk catching.



Spent quality time with family for my birthday.  You can read about that here.


We found out that we are expecting another bundle of joy in April 2014.  We had the opportunity to take some announcement photos, and you can see a peek here.


The cravings set in pretty quickly.



We were introduced to an amazing little restaurant and got to enjoy the experience a few times with great friends.



Summer slipped into fall.  This is my very favourite location on the drive to Ottawa... and for once I remembered to pull over and take a photo!
  

The boys & I enjoyed Monsters University in theatre.


We had a Make Your Own Pizza Party.



We had fun at Halloween.  Enjoyed Trick or Treating in our neighbourhood and then a wonderful Halloween party at our local church.



I celebrated and was congratulated for new success with my home-based business.  This is something I am very proud of & hope to continue this year!



I sneaked away for an evening to take in a Leafs' game with a long lost friend.


Celebrated Dad's birthday :)


19 week growing belly.


The boys were super excited when we set up the Christmas Tree.


24 week Belly


Lego mania.  Ethan sits for hours building Lego and he just loves it!


Family time at Christmas watching The Grinch.



All dolled up for Hubby's work Christmas party.


Carson in LOVE with his new Skylanders.


Stewie returned and the kids enjoyed finding him each morning!


I even managed to get in a quick sewing project over the holidays!


This has been a fun little trip down memory lane :)

Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment