Monday 12 August 2013

Gluten Free Greek Style Pitas

There aren't many things that I really really miss about having a regular diet. Pitas are one thing that I really really do. I've been searching and I haven't found a brand or store that carries them gluten free, so I made my own! I didn't know how this would turn out, but GOOD NEWS! They are delicious!! (& fairly simple to make!) 




Gluten Free Greek Style Pitas 

(makes 4) 

2 eggs 
2 tbsp olive oil 
1/2 cup water 
3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit & Baking Mix 
1/4 tsp baking soda 
1/4 tsp sea salt




Whisk together wet ingredients. 



Add dry ingredients & whisk until batter is smooth. I used Epicure's Herbed Garlic Sea Salt.




Spread into 6" diameter pitas onto greased baking sheet (you can also use parchment paper. I used my Epicure Silicone Baking Mat.) Bake on 400 F for 18-22 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown. 




Allow to cool before cutting open pockets.








No comments:

Post a Comment