Saturday 1 June 2013

Summer Salads Series: Taco Bean Salad

Get ready!  This one is delicious!  I was really craving something Mexican-ish last night, and went digging through the fridge and cupboards.  The results, YUM!


I'm all about quick and easy when it comes to food prep... and this one took about 6 minutes from start to finish.  We'll be having this again!






Taco Bean Salad








1 can each Chick Peas, Black Beans & Kernel Corn, rinsed (you can sub frozen corn, I just didn't have any)
1/3 c. finely diced red onion
1/3 c. finely diced red pepper
12-16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Taco Seasoning (I used Epicure)
2 tbsp prepared ranch dressing (again, I used Epicure's Creamy Ranch Dip)
3 tbsp chili sauce (I used my own homemade, you can use whatever you have)







Rinse the canned ingredients well and pat dry.  Add veggies.  Whisk together last 5 ingredients and pour over salad.  toss, refrigerate and enjoy!  Great served with olives & tortilla chips!  As I write this I'm eating it on chips.... Its taco-y heaven!









From Grandma With Love

No comments:

Post a Comment