Wednesday 22 May 2013

Summer Salads Series: Greek Quinoa Salad

I am all about salads for summertime.  I get easily bored of the same foods, and I get the food blahs quite often.  In the summer months, I find more motivation to make new things, and I'm not a by the book kind of cook.  I am a "what do I have on hand" kind.  This Victoria Day weekend was our first BBQ of the year, and I was inspired to create a salad for the occasion (and using on hand items from my fridge!)

This salad is easy to make.  The most taxing part is waiting for the quinoa to cook!  Or maybe the veggie slicing... either way, it only took about 4 minutes to throw together mix and chill.  That's it.  Ready to serve.




Greek Quinoa Salad


3 c. cooked quinoa
10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 c. cucumber slices, quartered
2/3 c. red onion, diced (optional)
1/2 c. feta, cut into small cubes or crumbled
1.5 tbsp Epicure's Balsamic Dressing seasoning
3 tbsp Epicure's white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil




Prepare the veggies & cheese, stir into quinoa.  Whisk together remaining three ingredients and pour over salad, toss (You can substitute the dressing made here for your fav greek dressing, approx 4-5 tbsp).  Refrigerate 20 mins before serving.







No comments:

Post a Comment