Friday 31 May 2013

Quilt Along: I am... between week 2-4 I think...

Good Morning!


I'm way behind on the quilt along, as I see the latest and LAST post for it on the blogs of the lovely ladies hosting!  Yipes! I am getting on it this weekend!  Working is really cramping my style these days....


Here are a few quick photos of my slow but steady progress:











The piecing part took way longer than I anticipated because I was super crazy about making the right pattern with the blocks... so it took me hours to finally discover that I couldn't make a repeating pattern with the number of blocks & rows.  Then, it was back to the drawing board (livingroom floor) to find a way to make it perfect without a pattern.  I had to then make sure that none of the same patterns were near each other.









This sewing part was going well until I realized that the patterned blocks weren't lining up... and the right side was all puckered... so I had to rip it out and start again.....


After much ironing and pinning (guess I should have tried that initially.... lesson learned!) here's what I've accomplished so far!  I LOVE IT!  I can't wait to get at it over the weekend!  






I am definitely inspired by Jill's finished product over at Create.Craft.Love. I want to see the finished product at my house soon!






Quilt-Along

No comments:

Post a Comment