Wednesday 3 April 2013

Proud Canadian Moment

Over the Easter weekend, as the result of inviting myself to a work function of my husband's, I was honoured to meet the Canadian National Women's Hockey Team!!  It was pretty awesome!

We mingled with the team, and I got to spend time chatting with the gals.  It was a really neat experience!  We talked shop, talked hockey, I babbled on and on about how proud our oldest son made us this winter when he played Initiation Hockey for the first time.


What a great bunch of girls and a great experience.... It pays to know people... (hahaha... my husband).





The Team with all of the people involved in their stay on base.



Jayna Hefford :)  


From Left to Right: Tessa Bonhomme, Caroline Oulette, Two kids I borrowed for photos, myself, Shannon Szabados & Courtney Brichard


From Left to Right: Sarah Vaillancourt, Charline Labonte, Marie-Philip Poulin, Courtney Brichard, Myself,  Catherine Ward, Genevieve Lacasse & Caroline Oulette


Hayley Wickenheiser (I was super excited, and we chatted for a good little while!)


From Left to Right: Jayna Hefford, Me, Military Member & Gillian Apps


From Left to Right: Jennifer Wakefield, Tessa Bonhomme, Myself, & the Borrowed Kids.


This was such an wonderful experience!  There was a lot of pride & honour during the speeches.  Something that Hayley said when she addressed the room, was that her job was not nearly as important as the job of the Canadian Forces.  

When the Military speaker addressed the room, he made it clear that he felt the members of Team Canada have just as important of a job the members of the CF, and that same pride resonates through all who represent our country.



GO CANADA!






No comments:

Post a Comment